The purpose of the Confessing Anglicans website is to share about the Christian faith, with particular focus on confessional Anglicanism. The aim is to inform, educate, inspire, and uplift.
Intended for an international English-language readership, Confessing Anglicans is of special interest to the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Nigeria. Anglicans and other Reformed Christians are the primary target audience, but material is suitable reading for Christians of all backgrounds.
Originating in the United States, Confessing Anglicans includes contributors from across the world. Anglican evangelicals produce the bulk of our content, but other Reformed Christians also provide material.
Writing for Us
We accept queries and submissions of original content from both new and established writers. Acceptance is based on editorial interests, publication schedule, quality of content, background of the contributor, and available resources.
Submissions must be transmitted digitally (via email attachment or our contact form). Allow up to 30 days for response. If accepted, the writer must grant worldwide electronic English-language rights to Confessing Anglicans. Payment is based on word count, which is calculated and paid after final edits.
We operate with a no-deadlines approach. We don’t pressure writers to meet deadlines unless clearly agreed in advance. Rare exceptions to this practice occur with time-sensitive content, such as when a review is needed before a book’s publication date.
The most desirable items for publication on Confessing Anglicans:
- Devotional: Reflections and applications of biblical texts for inspiration. Typically 500-1,200 words.
- Doctrine: Instruction, reflection, or assessment of doctrinal issues related to Anglicanism or Christianity in general. Evaluation of current issues in light of doctrinal standards. Typically 1,200 to 3,000 words.
- History: Review, evaluation, or commemoration of historical matters significant to Anglicanism or Christianity in general. Typically 1,200 to 3,000 words.
- Resources: Book reviews and highlights of other resources useful for confessing Anglicans and Reformed Christians. Typically 500-1,500 words.
Devotionals: Original sermons may be adapted for devotional reading and submitted for our consideration, if the author has retained rights to the material.
Book and Product Reviews: We pay for reviews only from our approved writers. In some cases, a book/product in provided in exchange for a review. New writers may submit two samples for consideration; contact us for more details.
Rates and Payment
Rates are subject to change and are final only upon acceptance. Current rates reflect our status as a new and independent publication. (Updated August 10, 2020.)
- Devotional: 2¢ per word, $10 maximum.
- Doctrine: 4¢ per word, $100 maximum.
- History: 4¢ per word, $100 maximum.
- Reviews: 2¢ per word, $10 maximum; or book/product in exchange.
We pay within 30 days of acceptance for publication. Payment is made in U. S. dollars by PayPal, TransferWise, or by check. Writers are responsible for bank fees on the receiving end, such as for currency exchange.
Other Content Submissions
Readers may submit links to previously published material—essays, devotionals, sermons, etc.—through our contact form. We do not pay for this material.